Dallas ISD Compass Alternative Certification Teacher Academy is looking for outstanding individuals to become part of the Compass Intern cohort, an alternative route teacher certification program. The Compass program is a highly-selective program that trains talented graduates to become high performing teachers for Dallas students who need them most.
We realize that many graduating students are beginning to think about their post college career. As someone who works closely with some of our nation’s brightest and most ambitious college students, the simplest and most effective way to help seniors and alumni explore the Compass program is through you and your staff.
Please take three minutes to:
- Forward the email below to your students, faculty and department list serves. To be eligible to apply, a bachelor’s degree is required, but an education degree is not.
- Refer your students and alumni to our website, http://www.dallasisd.org/Page/34047, to apply to teach or help share information about this opportunity.
- Refer students and alumni who you think will be a great teacher by sharing their contact information here: refer a teacher form. We’ll contact them directly with more information about the program and answer any questions they have.
Incentives to becoming an intern with Compass include:
- A salary starting at $50,000.
- A bilingual stipend of $3,000 (for bilingual teachers only)
- The opportunity to grow professionally and earn up to $90,000 as a Master Teacher under the Teacher Excellence Initiative
- In addition to your salary, DISD offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package to teachers, including medical, dental, life insurance, and paid vacation time
- Dallas is a fantastic dynamic, and diverse place to live and work!
- Most importantly—a chance to make a real difference in the lives of students who need it most
Feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have. Thank you, in advance, for your help and for your time.
Senior Talent Leader, Compass Alternative Certification