Dear A&H Graduate Students:
For those of you who do not yet know me, my name is Dr. John Gooch, and I have recently been appointed Associate Dean of Graduate Studies in A&H. I am replacing Dr. Michael Wilson who recently stepped out of the role. As many of you already know, Dr. Wilson performed this job with unparalleled competence, dedication, and diligence, and as I told the faculty yesterday during our meeting, I feel as though I can only hope to execute the duties half as effectively.
I am writing to make everyone aware of important contact information and impending deadlines. With regard to deadlines:
- Please refer to the academic calendar for relevant add/drop deadlines and also the payment/refund deadlines here. We are also now in the late registration period.
- Please refer to our list of important deadlines for proposals, submissions and defenses here.
- The deadline for the graduation application for Fall 2015 is September 1, 2015.
You will need to contact the following people regarding the following issues. Taylor Nelson, by the way, is our new Graduate Admissions Coordinator. He replaces Lacey Ames, who is now teaching elementary school in Prague.
I also hope all of you will join me in congratulating Dr. Jakobsson. During yesterday’s faculty meeting, Dean Kratz announced that Dr. Jakobsson will now hold the title of Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Pia Jakobsson, Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org): Program information and advising, registration for HUMA, HUAS, HUHI and HUSL courses, holds, academic probation and MA graduation application activation
- Alice Salazar, Graduate Program Coordinator (email@example.com): Registration for independent studies, dissertation hours, scheduling of 18-hour qualifying exams, doctoral field exams and portfolio and dissertation defenses, PhD graduation application activation
- Taylor Nelson, Graduate Admissions Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org): Foreign language exams, TA evaluations, admissions applications
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I look forward to working with all of you this semester.
Associate Dean of Graduate Studies
School of Arts & Humanities