JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Development Specialist will be responsible for drafting and editing contracts and extended warranties (“products”) that operate predominately within the automotive industry. In addition, the Product Development Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Craft documentation with diverse audiences in mind, such as consumers, insurance regulators, technicians, insurance agents, claims agents, and finance personnel.
• Craft internal communications such as product release announcements, product summaries, product comparisons, and any other supplemental documentation as required.
• Understand the legal, technical, and commercial requirements that differentiate products.
• Verify that form style, design, layout, and verbiage of all products meet departmental and compliance standards.
• Conduct research and collect and analyze data to identify trends.
• Track development of all projects from planning stages to completion.
• Maintain supporting documents such as templates, standard operating procedures, reference documents, tracking logs, and training materials.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Humanities or a Humanities-related field such as English, Philosophy, or History.
• Exceptional reading comprehension, writing, editing, and communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to conduct research in the legal, technical, and business fields.
• Ability to think critically and creatively.
• Ability to work well on a team and independently.
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly.
• Ability to understand and adapt to organizational change.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Technical writing
• Basic knowledge of automotive repair and auto dealer service industry
• Familiarity with the insurance industry
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / TRAVEL
Office setting with routine use of normal office equipment. Work is mostly sedentary, with extensive use of computers. No travel is required.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full time, Remote to start
NOTE: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned.
APPLICATION: Please send resumes to HRGroup@iasdirect.com.